The PAR Training Portal is a complimentary resource designed to help you get acquainted with select PAR instruments on your schedule.
• Learn about an assessment before purchasing or obtain a deeper knowledge of a tool you already use.
• Get an overview of the instrument, including instruction on how to administer, score, and interpret the measure.
• View sample items, learn about development, and examine normative and clinical data.
• Obtain a quick but thorough understanding during each on-demand, interactive training session. Author videos, recorded Webinars, and supplemental materials are also available!
Training is available on some of your favorite products, including the FAR™, PAI®, RIAS™-2, and more! Visit PARTrainingPortal.com!
PAR’s University Partnership Program (UPP) is a way to help you save time and money through a concierge service meant just for universities. The UPP is dedicated to assisting you and your students as they pursue advanced degrees.
UPP offers eight essential elements, all focused on providing you support:
1) Reduce time reviewing tests. The UPP can save you valuable time by providing you with the information you need to help you decide which tests best fir your syllabus.
2) Concierge service. Our UPP specialists are dedicated specifically to the UPP program. You’ll have a single point of contact from start to finish. Consider them part of your team.
3) Training resources. We’re happy to provide PowerPoint slides for many PAR products that can be integrated into your course objectives. We also offer free online training through the PAR Training Portal.
4) Free products. Get three PAR test kits of your choice—at absolutely no charge. If you need more forms, we offer a 40% discount on reorders plus free uses on PARiConnect, our online assessment platform.
5) Discounts for students. Graduate school takes financial dedication, and PAR can lighten the load. Graduate students using PAR products in their research can apply for a 40% discount.
6) Research discounts for professors. Professors conducting research through their universities are eligible to receive a 40% discount on PAR products.
7) PAR guarantee. Our guarantee isn’t just a list of services, it’s who we are. PAR guarantees your order will be shipped the same day you order it, and if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it.
8) Best help in the business. PAR proudly offers live Customer Support. No automated menus—the phone rings and one of our UPP specialists will be on the line to help you.
For more information about joining the UPP, visit our website, e-mail email@example.com, or call 1.866.727.2884.
The beginning of a new year is a common time for people to evaluate jobs and careers. Are your clients seeking occupations to better align with their passions? With the new Self-Directed Search (SDS) it’s easier than ever to help your clients explore career options that best match their personality types!
The SDS is the gold standard in career personality assessment. Since its release in 1971, the SDS has been used more than 36 million times. The SDS is based on Dr. John Holland’s theory, known as the RIASEC theory, that both people and working environments can be classified according to six basic types: Realistic, Investigative, Artistic, Social, Enterprising, and Conventional. One of the main ideas of this theory is that the closer your personality type aligns with your work environment type, the more likely you are to find fulfillment at work.
The SDS was recently rebranded, repackaged, and refreshed! A bold new look and a cleaner, more user-friendly interface means clients can easily learn more about their personality and find a career that fits.
The online SDS experience also features interactive and highly customizable digital reports.
So if your clients are exploring occupations or want a career change, the SDS will greatly improve their search.
Visit self-directed-search.com to learn more!
The new SPECTRA™: Indices of Psychopathology offers clinicians a new way to assess psychopathology in that it measures valuable clinical information on a wide range of psychopathological conditions at three levels of specificity.
The SPECTRA measures 12 clinically important constructs (depression, anxiety, social anxiety, posttraumatic stress, alcohol problems, severe aggression, antisocial behavior, drug problems, psychosis, paranoid ideation, manic activation, and grandiose ideation). These constructs are organized into three higher-order spectra of Internalizing, Externalizing, and Reality-Impairing. The constructs map on to DSM-5 conditions and help link assessment findings to the quantitative model research literature. The three spectra combine to provide a General Psychopathology Index score, which measures the total burden of psychopathology. Three supplemental scales include Cognitive Concerns, Psychosocial Functioning, and Suicidal Ideations.
The SPECTRA takes just 15-20 minutes to administer and can be administered and scored on paper or via the PARiConnect online assessment system. The SPECTRA is useful when evaluating individuals in a variety of clinical settings, such as inpatient and outpatient clinics, hospitals, schools, and forensic settings. It also can help track progress over time if administered repeatedly.
To learn more about the SPECTRA, visit the product page.
PAR has announced the recipient of its fourth-annual program to benefit worthy charities. “PAR has been incredibly fortunate as a company,” stated Kristin Greco, MBA, Chief Executive Officer. “Rather than sending our Customers an end-of-year gift, a few years ago, we decided to make a charitable contribution on behalf of our Customers to an organization chosen by those we serve. This is the fourth year we have done so, each year selecting a new charity to honor.”
In November, PAR mailed an end-of-year communication to select Customers, thanking them for their business and asking them to choose their favorite organization from a list as a way to acknowledge the important work they do throughout the year. Most PAR Customers are involved in psychological assessment, educational assessment, or mental health work.
Now that results have been tallied, PAR is proud to announce that on behalf of its Customers, a $5,000 donation will be made to Prevent Child Abuse America.
“We are so inspired by the work our Customers do, and Prevent Child Abuse America is doing work that is important to them,” said Greco. “It is an honor to be able to pay it forward to such a worthy organization.”