PAR understands that our Customers are the reason for our success. Your support and business keep PAR going. That's why we’ve never lost sight of how important it is to provide you with the outstanding Customer Support you deserve.
How do we do that? Our phones are answered live by our own Customer Support team located in our Florida headquarters. When you call PAR you will never hear a recorded menu. Averaging 12 years of experience at PAR, our reps are knowledgeable, friendly, intelligent people who know our products well and are committed to meeting your needs every time you call.
We strive to ensure you get the best of both worlds. Give us a call at 1.800.331.8378 and see for yourself.
Each year, PAR employees take part in a week-long United Way fundraising campaign. For more than 25 years, 100% of PAR staff members have contributed during our annual drive. We are hoping that this year will be no different! Follow along with us on our new Instagram account to see what we are up to this week!
Learn more about how you can help United Way in your community!
PAR offers supplemental resources for many of our products. Now we’ve made it easier for you to locate them! In addition to specific resources being available on product pages under the Resources tab, we’ve gathered them in one place for easy browsing. View white papers, bibliographies, PowerPoint presentations, and more. The Supplemental Resources page is continually updated, so check back frequently!
PAR is proud to announce that our Executive Chairman and Founder, R. Bob Smith III, PhD, has been honored by the Society of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology (SCCAP), a division of the American Psychological Association (APA). SCCAP has named a new award after Dr. Smith to recognize his efforts in supporting and producing evidence-based psychological assessment measures and procedures. In a further honor, the award will be presented annually at the APA national convention, beginning at this year’s convention, Aug. 8–11 in Chicago.
The Bob Smith III, PhD Psychological Assessment Award will be given each year to an individual, a group, or an organization that has advanced the field of scientific assessment in individual psychological functioning, mental health, learning, or social and intellectual development.
Another unique feature of this award is that recipients will have the opportunity to present a workshop at the APA national convention designed to instruct practitioners in the use of a cutting-edge psychological assessment product or procedure, or on a topic clinically relevant to psychological assessment.
To ensure the award will continue in perpetuity, SCCAP, industry colleagues, and friends of Dr. Smith have created and funded an endowment. If you would like to support the Bob Smith III, PhD Psychological Assessment Award and its contribution to society, please consider a tax-deductible donation. For more information on how to contribute, please contact PAR Customer Support or call 1.800.331.8378.
We would like to introduce the newest member of PAR’s Sales team, Terri Sisson, EdS, our new educational assessment advisor. Terri brings a wealth of experience to PAR, with more than 20 years of experience in public schools as a licensed school psychologist and education specialist, as well as a university student instructor and supervisor.
In her national accounts role with PAR Sales, Terri will work with our largest school district customers to coordinate trainings about PAR instruments, answer questions, provide insight about how PAR instruments compare with competing assessment products, and work with districts to maximize their budgets during the ordering process.
In addition to her public school service, Terri has held several leadership positions in the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) and is a past president and president elect of the Virginia Academy of School Psychologists (VASP). She was selected as the VASP School Psychologist of the Year in 2011 and was recently awarded the 2017-18 Community Partnership Award from James Madison University for her support of JMU graduate students.
We’re happy to welcome Terri to the PAR family and we’re confident our Customers will enjoy working with her!
Forty years ago this week, Bob Smith started PAR on his kitchen table. There was just one product—scoring keys for the MMPI. Today, PAR carries approximately 500 print and digital products to help psychologists and other mental health professionals in their assessment process. Along the way, PAR has succeeded in more than just publishing quality assessment products to serve our Customers; PAR has created a culture of caring that extends to staff, our community, and the world at large. This weekend, in celebration of this milestone anniversary, PAR staff presented this video to thank Bob and Cathy Smith for everything they have done to make this a truly special place to work. We invite you to share our open letter to our founders.
This Friday, we will be closed in celebration of our 40th anniversary. In honor of four decades in the test publishing business, we present a list of things you may not know about PAR. Check back next week for a recap of our festivities!
1. PAR released its first product in 1978—scoring keys for the MMPI.
2. PAR was started on Bob and Cathy Smith’s kitchen table. That kitchen table is now in the break room of our South Building.
3. Our Customer Support team has a combined 120 years of experience, making them exceptionally well versed on all of our products.
4. PAR’s Distribution Center has a 99.99% accuracy rate, meaning you get exactly what you need, delivered when you need it.
5. We love to give back. We participate in about 50 events annually to benefit community organizations and donate time and financial support to more than 70 organizations per year.
As we celebrate, we do so knowing that our Customers have made the last 40 years possible. Thank you for your loyal support and patronage.
PAR’s University Partnership Program (UPP) is a way to help you save time and money through a concierge service meant just for universities. The UPP is dedicated to assisting you and your students as they pursue advanced degrees.
UPP offers eight essential elements, all focused on providing you support:
1) Reduce time reviewing tests. The UPP can save you valuable time by providing you with the information you need to help you decide which tests best fir your syllabus.
2) Concierge service. Our UPP specialists are dedicated specifically to the UPP program. You’ll have a single point of contact from start to finish. Consider them part of your team.
3) Training resources. We’re happy to provide PowerPoint slides for many PAR products that can be integrated into your course objectives. We also offer free online training through the PAR Training Portal.
4) Free products. Get three PAR test kits of your choice—at absolutely no charge. If you need more forms, we offer a 40% discount on reorders plus free uses on PARiConnect, our online assessment platform.
5) Discounts for students. Graduate school takes financial dedication, and PAR can lighten the load. Graduate students using PAR products in their research can apply for a 40% discount.
6) Research discounts for professors. Professors conducting research through their universities are eligible to receive a 40% discount on PAR products.
7) PAR guarantee. Our guarantee isn’t just a list of services, it’s who we are. PAR guarantees your order will be shipped the same day you order it, and if you’re not completely satisfied with your purchase, you can simply return it.
8) Best help in the business. PAR proudly offers live Customer Support. No automated menus—the phone rings and one of our UPP specialists will be on the line to help you.
For more information about joining the UPP, visit our website, e-mail email@example.com, or call 1.866.727.2884.
PAR has announced the recipient of its fourth-annual program to benefit worthy charities. “PAR has been incredibly fortunate as a company,” stated Kristin Greco, MBA, Chief Executive Officer. “Rather than sending our Customers an end-of-year gift, a few years ago, we decided to make a charitable contribution on behalf of our Customers to an organization chosen by those we serve. This is the fourth year we have done so, each year selecting a new charity to honor.”
In November, PAR mailed an end-of-year communication to select Customers, thanking them for their business and asking them to choose their favorite organization from a list as a way to acknowledge the important work they do throughout the year. Most PAR Customers are involved in psychological assessment, educational assessment, or mental health work.
Now that results have been tallied, PAR is proud to announce that on behalf of its Customers, a $5,000 donation will be made to Prevent Child Abuse America.
“We are so inspired by the work our Customers do, and Prevent Child Abuse America is doing work that is important to them,” said Greco. “It is an honor to be able to pay it forward to such a worthy organization.”
PAR prides itself on providing the best Customer Service in the industry. But this commitment was taken to a new level recently, when 56 boxes of PAR assessment products got delivered to the wrong address, meaning an afternoon of seriously heavy lifting for two PAR distribution center employees.
When Nate Cooper and Cliff Gardner realized that it would take several days of work to retag, rebill, and redeliver 1,600 pounds worth of product that ended up in the wrong location in downtown Tampa, they took matters into their own hands. Knowing our Customer was waiting on the materials, Nate and Cliff decided to jump into Cliff’s truck and drive to the location, load up the boxes, drive back across town, and hand deliver the order to the right place, even though it took more than 10 trips in an elevator.
When we say we provide the best Customer Service in the industry, we mean it!